- Emergency Phone Numbers: Sturgeon Bay Police 920.746.2450 Door County Medical Center 920.743.5566. Sturgeon Bay Fire Department West 920.746.2919. The Fire Extinguisher is below the kitchen sink. There is also one on the wall near the front door at the bottom of the stairs. Notify Alisa, immediately, if you call emergency services.
EAGLE VIEW SUITE
- The address is 330 N. Joliet Ave., Sturgeon Bay. Please do not block the driveway.
- Parking is on-street (If Winter, see information below). The keypad access information is in your reservation confirmation email.
- Check-in 4 PM Check-out 10 AM
- Treat the apartment with love and respect. I expect that the Suite is left in the condition it was found. No more than four people.
- Enjoy your stay. I always seek to respect your privacy, but please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have via message or phone 920.493.6000
- In the Winter Months ONLY from December 1 to April 1: With a Parking Permit, during snow and post-snow for plowing, on-street parking is allowed from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m., based on odd/even dates of the next morning. The next day, park your car on the other side for plowing, again. The permit must be displayed on the interior driver’s side dashboard. The permit will be in the middle mailbox at 330 Joliet, please keep it in the plastic sleeve and remember to return it or a $55 fee will be charged (which is what I pay for the permit). I’m sorry if this sounds complicated, please message me for clarification. Instructions are also included with the permit.
- Wi-Fi information is located on top of the dresser in the Living Room, below the flatscreen television.
- Streaming: Make sure you bring your passwords for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu etc. The Roku streaming device is set up for “Guest Mode” which will automatically log out your passwords.
Air Conditioning & Heat
- Summer Months: The thermostat is located behind the door in the living room, that leads to the bedroom. Air Conditioning thermostat must be set at 76˚ when you check out, if the outside temperature is 75˚ or above. Please do not set the A/C below 70˚ during your stay.
- Winter Months: When adjusting the heat (the thermostat is located behind the door in the living room), increase no more than 2 degrees every hour. Boilers overheat when the heat setting is increased too rapidly. Please set the thermostat to 66˚ when you check out. Please do not set the thermostat above 72˚ during your stay.
- When cooking on the stovetop, please use the exhaust fan located on the microwave.
- The countertops are heat sensitive, please hot-pad cushion when placing anything hot from the stove or the oven on the counter.
- You can get ice at Walgreens 808 S. Duluth Avenue & Highway 42/57 or most gas stations around town.
- Fire extinguisher is located below the kitchen sink.
Living / Dining Room
- If you requested that the sofa bed be made for your stay, the pillows will be on the chair in the closet in the bedroom that faces the street.
- Lamps in the living room are controlled by the light switches, one on each side of the room. If the living room lamps aren’t working, try turning the lamp switch to reconnect it to the light switch.
- Placemats for the dining table are in the blue dresser. The table also folds open to create more seating (use the “luggage rack” chairs from the closet if extra table seating is needed). To make the table larger, the top is on hinges, fold it open (being careful of the light fixture) and slide the top so the crease is centered on the base of the table.
- Hand and shower soap is provided, but please bring your own shampoo.
- The hair dryer is located in the bathroom vanity.
- Please use the dark colored wash cloths / or make-up removal wipes rather than the white towels.
- A Primer on Small Town Plumbing- Plumbing and sewer systems in small towns like Sturgeon Bay are NOT as good as they are in big cities. With that in mind PLEASE follow these simple rules: a). Only #1, #2 and TP go in the toilet. NOTHING ELSE. No facial tissue (ex: Kleenex), cups, no bottles, no toys, no hopes and dreams. b). Flush more than once during… c). If you clog the toilet, please find the plunger in the caddy next to the toilet, and do your best. Or, advise your host. You can pretend it wasn’t you; she won’t judge.
- When bathing, please always use the bathroom exhaust fan, otherwise there may be too much humidity buildup. The fan is quiet and can be easily set to automatically turn off after a desired amount of time has passed.
- There are two workstations for those who are working remotely. One is a folding work station located in the top shelf of the bedroom closet off of the kitchen and the other is a standing work station, parked in the front bedroom that is also adjustable to lean over a chair a couch. Instructions are in the three ring binder next to the living room couch.
- Treat the Suite with love and respect. I expect that the Suite is left in the condition in which it was found.
- Check-out 10 AM
- There is a garbage can and a recycling can (blue lid) located in the garage. When you go down the stairs, the door to the garage will be on your right, with a small sign that says, “Garage.” Garbage should be bagged securely and placed in trash bins provided.
- Summer Months: The thermostat is located behind the door in the living room, that leads to the bedroom. Air Conditioning thermostat must be set at 76˚ when you check out, if the outside temperature is 75˚ or above.
- Winter Months: When adjusting the heat, increase no more than 2 degrees every hour. Boilers overheat when the heat setting is increased too rapidly. Please set the thermostat to 66˚ when you check out.
- Dishwasher tabs are below the sink. The coffee pot can go in the dishwasher. You don’t need to stay until the cycle is complete, we will put the dishes away.
- If you requested the sleeper sofa, please strip the entire bed, including the mattress cover before closing.
- Please close and latch all windows before leaving. Sometimes, you may need to push the upper sash upwards to get the window to latch properly. Storms in Door County can occur unexpectedly and will damage the interior.
- Also, if you don’t mind, please message when you have departed so we can begin the cleaning process for the next guest. 920.493.6000
- Thank you for being my guest and in advance, for leaving the suite so nice and tidy! It was my pleasure to host you and I hope you had a great time. It would really mean a lot to me and help grow my business to find great guests such as yourself, if you would give me a 5 STAR review on the FB and Google pages.
- Quiet Hours begin at 10 PM, but please be considerate of the neighbors at all times; enter quietly and remove shoes while walking in the apartment. There is a permanent resident who lives below you. When outdoors, be considerate of the neighborhood and your neighbor’s right to the quiet enjoyment of their home and property, especially after 10 p.m. Vacation time with family and friends can be fun and exciting and everyone on vacation wants to enjoy a good time away from their normal routines. It is important to balance the vacation fun with the neighbors’ own quiet enjoyment of their homes – many of them are not on vacation and are leading normal lives during your stay. Consider how you would want your neighbors to behave in your own neighborhood.
- Please close and latch all windows before leaving the apartment, unattended. Sometimes, the upper sash needs to be pushed up for the window latches to properly engage. Storms in Door County can occur unexpectedly and will damage the interior.
- Rates are determined by season. The rates apply to a 4 person occupancy, an additional fee of $25 is charged per day for each additional person beyond suggested occupancy.
- 50% of total stay or minimum of one night’s rate, whichever is greater, will be forfeited if cancellation is received after 14 days prior to arrival date.
- Deposit minus $15 service fee will be refunded if a cancellation notice is received 14 days prior to arrival date.
- Three or Four night minimum stay may apply.
- Rates subject to 5.5% state sales tax and 8% Door County room tax. (Can change without notice.)
- Check-in 4 PM Check-out 10 AM
- Regretfully, no pets and no parties. Keep noise down to a moderate level. If a pet of any type is found to have been in the Suite, a $300 fee will be charged. If applicable you will also be immediately evicted with no refund.
- Smoking is banned in, or near the Suite’s property. Smoking in front of the building means the smoke blows into the street level windows, NOT OK.
- Fireworks. Per Door County Code Fireworks are not permitted. SECTION 11: FIREWORKS: 11.0 – It shall be unlawful for any person, organization, business or corporation to light or maintain any illegal fireworks, except fireworks for public display in compliance with state law shall be permitted after obtaining all state and local permits.
- Book online at CottageInDoor.co Payment Forms Accepted – MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, PayPal Balance for full period reserved is due with online reservation.
- Enjoy your stay, and please reach out with any questions you may have via text or phone 920.493.6000
- Fisher-persons- fish must be stored in a cooler outside of the apartment building. Absolutely, no cleaning of fish inside the apartment.
- During WINTER months, Driveway NOT passable for the outdoor table and bench.
Other useful information
- Coming back to Eagle View late? Turn on the hall light (switch is inside the front door and downstairs, labeled) and the outside door light (also downstairs, labeled) before you leave.
- You can get ice at Walgreens, 808 S. Duluth Avenue & Highway 42/57 or most gas stations around town
- Planning on needing a ride? :1 Awesome Cab, call Jon 920.371.7808, Door2Door shared rides 920.746.6948, 1 Anytime Ride 920.818.0870 Mike Tomaszewski operates The Transporter 4 Door County service 847-361-4852. Door County Courier 920-559-0339.
Details guests must know:
- Maintenance, landscaping, light construction, or construction of a dock may be going on in the yard / garden or on the water, during your stay. We will do our best to be quiet, but sometimes, it cannot be helped. Your host is at the mercy of work-crew schedules.
- Must climb stairs
- Pet lives on property- One, friendly standard poodle that belongs to your host, lives on the first floor.
- Street parking only, please do not block the driveway.
- Suitable for children (12 years and older)
- Not suitable for pets
- No smoking anywhere on the property. Smoking in front of the building means the smoke blows into the street level windows, not OK.
- No parties or events